Sunday, May 31, 2009

New hemorrhagic virus, Lujo, surfaces in Africa


IRIN
May 29, 2009

A lethal, newly identified hemorrhagic virus that killed four of the five people it infected in September and October 2008 has been given the working title of “Lujo”.

Lujo, a member of the arenavirus family, which currently has 22 known species, was named to reflect its geographic origins: the primary case came from the Zambian capital, Lusaka, and secondary infections occurred in Johannesburg after the patient was transferred to the South African city for treatment.

Dr Lucille Blumberg, deputy director of South Africa’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases, told IRIN that humans were most frequently infected with this virus by inhaling dust infected with rodent excreta, or ingestion. The name “Lujo” still has to be approved by “various committees” before it becomes official.

The fifth person to be infected with the Lujo virus - a nurse at Morningside Clinic, Johannesburg - survived after being treated with the antiviral drug, ribavirin, usually prescribed for Lassa fever, a hemorrhagic virus first identified in 1969.


The End of America: Movie
9/11 Visibility Website
The Exceptional Patriot: Dr. David Ray Griffin
The Exceptional Patriot: Naomi Wolf
The Exceptional Patriot: Charlie Sheen
The Exceptional Patriot: Ed Asner
The Exceptional Patriot: Jesse Ventura
Primitive Evil Resurrected in Bedford, Pennsylvania

The Brainwashing of Children in America

Zeitgeist: Addendum---The true source of Terrorism and Slavery





Top Lists

1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM DR KELLY WILLIAMS LOAN FINANCE

    My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs.Irene Query Wheat from Philippines ;i was in need of loan some months ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR KELLY WILLIAMS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business Woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR KELLY WILLIAMS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (financialgoodnews22@hotmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Irene Query Wheat from Philippines introduce you to him. THANKS


    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Next Of Kin:
    Date Of Birth:
    Marital Status:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Weekly income:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Date of loan needed:
    Purpose of the loan:
    E-mail address:

    Regards.
    Managements
    DR KELLY WILLIAMS Lenders Finance Limited

    Contact Us At :financialgoodnews22@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete